Student Connectivity for Distance learning
Neducation Management Inc. (Ned) is a not for profit corporation who partners with First Nations entities to enhance student engagement through digital connectivity. Working with school administration and teachers, Ned brings a powerful engagement tool to the classroom to both enable and encourage students to actively participate in their education.
Today’s Covid -19 environment has placed demands on educators and families to find ways to continue their education when the school environment is closed. Schools are providing loaner devices such as laptops and tablets to students to allow them to complete assignments and connect to video classes but, unfortunately, many students do not have access to the internet in their homes and thus cannot participate in the distance learning opportunities offered by the school. There is a digital divide that must be bridged to allow all students to participate in education opportunities today.
That’s why we created the NEDconnect program.
Working with School divisions, NEDConnect provides the student with a smartphone and data plan and allows them to set up a mobile “hotspot” in their home.
- We install the internet control software based on the schools requirements
- Ongoing monitoring by NEDucation shows if a student is participating in online learning. If they choose not to participate in teacher-assigned activities, they no longer get access to the hotspot.
- Devices are delivered already activated with the hotspot enabled, so they are ready to provide internet service to the student as soon as it is turned on!
The NEDconnect program includes:
- 10 GB Monthly Data Allocation
- White list / Black list control of accessible internet sites
- Multi connection hotspot for multiple students in one household
The NEDconnect program is a non-recourse program. There are no extra charges to either the school, the student or the family in the event of a damaged phone or data overcharges.
NEDconnect can help with
- Ensuring that all students have access to online learning materials, regardless of remote location or socio-economic factors
- Enhanced safety for students who lack access to wi-fi
Contact Us: 306.291.3092